Smart ways to devastate the building’s plumbing system
Why should you do this?
A lot of people think that this might be not essential, but sometimes it’s the must-have procedure for every building. Take notes about the situations when you have to drain the pipes:
– Putting in repair knocking issue
– If you should close the building for a long period of time
– For massive construction or maintenance of the piping system
We also call it a hydraulic shock. When it happens you can hear the knock in the piping system, valves all at ones go on and go off and or the water begin and end up flow from the faucet. It always happens, when there is a lot of air in the plumbing system and it makes water wiggle in the pipes and knocks on them. Despite the airbags inside the pipe, which should remove the air from it, too much air in the system can cause this noise. Draining can easily eliminate this problem.
Winter is coming!
If you live in the areas with the cold winters and the temperature might move below zero, you must drain the plumbing system in your house. Ice might cause serious damage to the pipeline and lead to waterflood in your house, which can cost you a fortune!
Overhaul in the building
It’s obvious that mopping up is not the part of the major repair, although you might need it if you build and repair the basement or to replace the part of the broken pipe to avoid room flooded by the water from the system. Deaquation and refilling of the water system is a quite simple process. If won’t take much time. Here are a few tips for you to start:
1. Close the basic valve near the utility meter
2. Open every sink faucet in the house, starting from the top floor. This will delivery air in pipes and make the process of flowing the pipes smother
3. Move to the lowest level in your building and open the valve there. This will drain out the water from the top floors
4. After it, you should return upstairs and turn on the shower valves
5. Remove all water from the bowls and empty toilet tanks
6. If you are going to leave the building for a long period, keep all valves in open position.
7. You should keep no water in the pipes, except probably a few drops dripping from the valves from time to time.
That’s all you need to do!
Safety lifehack: it will safer if you will close all hose in toilets and sinks with the piece of fabric or something like that. This will keep your pipes in better condition after a long period of time when you have to fill them again and activate the system. By the way, we know the best way to do this:
1. Shut the lowest faucet in the building
2. Then close the valve on the highest floor of the building. This will help the air to stay in the system
3. Now it’s tun to open the basic faucet and water will back to all pipes
4. In turn, start to open all valves starting from the highest and wait until water starts to flow from all faucets. Initially, you might see discolored, dirty water, but it’s fine
5. Open all shower valves
6. Flush the water in the toilet bowls. It will help to fill the tanks
7. As soon as you will see clear water, start to close the faucets from the highest floor to the lowest in all over the house. Done. It wasn’t difficult, was it?
You might also save plenty of time and trust this work to the professionals from Excellent Plumbing. We have extensive experience in draining different kinds of pipe system all over Illinois. You can contact our office in Buffalo Grove and we are flexible to drive in any city in Illinois and make your life easier.
Sometimes it happens, when drain clogging suddenly appears. If the problem will not be removed immediately, it can cause lots of problems. For example, sinks or bath, or shower, or toilet will be unavailable for usage. Additionally, chronical clog may appear, so the risk of water leaking and even floods becomes rather probable. As the result, homeowner may spend lots of time and money for restoration from the water damage and repair works.
One of the simple ways to remove clog is to apply ready chemical mix that is available in any market directly to clogged drain. Although sometimes you need to act fast, while you do not have this mix at home. Another reason to find alternative option is toxicity of chemicals offered by markets and damage that they can cause to you pipes.
Excellent Plumbing offers simple, cheap and effective alternative, that may be prepared at home with things you may have. Such method will not only save you pipes, but prevent chemicals going into the environment and leading to pollution.
So prepare next ingredients:
- Baking soda – half of a cup;
- Vinegar – full cup;
- Hot water.
Steps to be performed:
- Take off the stopper from the drain;
- Pour off soda directly into the drain and add vinegar to it;
- Give this mix 10 minutes to process with clog;
- Flush the hot water;
- Return stopper at its place.
In case drain wasn’t maintained for a while, and clog appeared is rather big, the procedure should be repeated for couple of times. In case it didn’t help it may evidence more serious problem, so professional help can be required. You can always contact Excellent Plumbing for consulting, problem identification, cleaning and other plumbing services.
We are ready to help in this and other services. Just contact us 847-868-1800 and save your time and money with us!